FC: Markup of Discussion Draft, H.R. 3976, H.R. 4592, H.R. 1879, and H.R. 4667
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 10:00am
Room 334 Cannon House Office Building
FC: Markup of Discussion Draft to make improvements in the services provided for homeless veterans , H.R. 3976, H.R. 4592, H.R. 1879, and H.R. 4667
Committee on Veterans’ Affairs
Full Committee Markup
March 10, 2010
10:00 a.m., 334 Cannon House Office Building
- Discussion Draft – To amend title 38, United States Code, to make certain improvements in the services provided for homeless veterans under the laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs.
- H.R. 3976, as amended – To end certain expiring provisions providing enhanced protections for servicemembers relating to mortgages and mortgage foreclosure, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 3948, as amended – To amend title 38, United States Code, to provide for entitlement under the Post-9/11 Educational Assistance Program to payment for test preparatory courses, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 4592, as amended – To provide for the establishment of a pilot program to encourage the employment of veterans in energy-related positions. On 3/23/2010, passed/agreed to in House:
- H.R. 1879, as amended – To amend title 38, United States Code, to provide for employment and reemployment rights for certain individuals ordered to full-time National Guard duty.
- H.R. 4667 – To increase, effective as of December 1, 2010, the rates of compensation for veterans with service-connected disabilities and the rates of dependency and indemnity compensation for the survivors of certain disabled veterans, and for other purposes.